Year 1 have lots of budding chefs this year, or so it would seem! We have been learning about healthy eating and thinking about what Bert might be allowed to eat whilst he is working in the gardens. We decided we needed to:
1) First harvest our vegetables.
2) Next wash the vegetables.
3) Then chop the vegetables into tiny bits.
4) After that mix the vegetables together in a bowl.
5) Next let the vegetables stew on the hob.
6) When the vegetables are soft, put them in the blender.
7) Finally eat the delicious vegetable soup!
The children did a great job and prepared the vegetables for mixing, stewing and blending. We tried a bit of the soup (even if we were certain we wouldn't like it) and there were seconds all round!