Linton C.E. Infant School prides itself on its heritage and it's attachment to St Mary's Linton. It is our aim to see the church and school as one. Revd. Dr Maggie Guite and the parish team are committed to working in partnership with us. The church is used by the children as an extension of the school and it is used to support our Religious Education Curriculum. All of the major Christian festivals are celebrated with the church. Each week we hold a family service in the church in which parents are welcome to attend. On average 60 adults attend each week and many stay afterwards for coffee, cake and chat at the Mocha House held in the pavillion.
St Mary's is a growing church, which is shaped by the 5 Marks of Mission. At Linton C.E. Infant School we have adopted the 5 Marks in a child friendly way, the 5 Ts.
- Tell -To proclaim the Good News of the Kingdom
- Teach -To teach, baptise and nurture new believers
- Tend-To respond to human need by loving service
- Transform- To seek to transform unjust structures of society
- Treasure- To strive to safeguard the integrity of creation and sustain and renew the life of the earth
- We can tell others about Jesus and why he is important to Christians.
- We can teach others about God and pass on the stories of the bible.
- We can tend those in need and look after ourselves and others.
- We can transform the world for one person and make a difference.
- We can treasure the world we live in and preserve it for others.
To find out more about St Mary's and the children's ministry in particular click on the link below.